To enrich our members' and businesses experience, we request and display personal information provided to the businesses they sign up for, their partners and to Movitas. This allows the partners to better target campaigns and manage their contacts. Movitas users can change their profile information at any time, remove themselves from a business, and they can control how the business, other members and the Service communicates with them via their preferences and demographics set in the system.
Terms and Conditions and applies solely to information
collected through our Service.
What This Policy Covers
Information Collection and Use
Movitas collects personal information when you register with Movitas, it's partners or businesses to use its services.
When registering, you provide your name, email address, mobile phone number and other information. Movitas records information in our server logs, including your Internet protocol ("IP") address, cookies, and the data and pages you request. Movitas uses information for the following general purposes:
- the provision of products and services,
- identification and authentication,
- improving services,
- research, (and)
- anonymous reporting.
Movitas collects the following detailed information:
You can change your Movitas account information at any time through the business page you signed up for.
You can delete your business association at any time from your account page or through a request to customer service; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in Movitas' records for some period.
We limit access to personal information about you to our employees and business employees who are believed to reasonably need to use that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Your Movitas account information is password-protected. Employees of Movitas, it's partners or businesses do not have access to your password.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses or controlled by a specific web company or internet service provider.
- To customize advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses (not tied to a specific user) may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Movitas from specific geographical regions.
When using Movitas, you may actively or passively (using software that automatically updates your location from your wireless carrier or via location information provided by a third party) inform Movitas of your location. Movitas collects this information. If you do not wish to inform Movitas of your location, do not use Movitas.
Location information may be used to customize advertising based on your location.
We anonymize your location information sometime after you no longer need it. Aggregate location information (not tied to a specific user) may be retained for some period.
Log File Information
When you use the Movitas service, our servers automatically record certain information from your mobile device or web browser. These server logs may include information such as a mobile device identification number and device identifier, your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Movitas products or services that require you to sign in and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Movitas' service.
Movitas uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you sign in.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Movitas' services.
- Display the most appropriate content, based on your interests and activity on Movitas.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Movitas' content and services.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymized usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Service.
- We may release personally identifiable information, location information, or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- Movitas also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information, location information, or non-personally-identifiable information that Movitas believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions, take precautions against liability, protect partners, businesses and users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Movitas, our partners, our business, our users or others.
You may decline to share personally identifiable information or location information through the Service, in which case Movitas will not be able to provide certain services to you.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We do not store any personal location information history unless you give us express permission.
Please contact Movitas with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, or your consent choices, at
email@example.com or at the address stated below.
Please be aware that any personally identifiable information or location information that you voluntarily disclose online - such as when you review venues and events, post event announcements, communicate via blog, etc. - becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Movitas does not provide any personally identifiable information or location information to these third-party advertisers without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
Our Commitment To Data Security
Movitas uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are currently in place to protect your personal information and to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of such information. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information that Movitas receives on your behalf to operate the Service or that you transmit to Movitas and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Movitas learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Movitas may post a notice on the Movitas service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or at the mailing address stated below.
Special Notification with respect to Children's Privacy (Users under the age of 13)
In response to concerns about protecting children's privacy online, Congress enacted the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"), which sets forth rules and procedures governing the ways in which Web sites may collect, use and disclose any personal information for children under the age of 13. In accordance with Movitas policy and COPPA regulations, we DO NOT:
- Request or knowingly collect personally identifiable information online or offline contact information from users under 13 years of age; or
- Knowingly use or share personal information from users under 13 years of age with third parties;
It is possible that we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this (at
email@example.com or by contacting us at one of the addresses stated below), as soon as we verify the information is about or collected from a child under 13, we will immediately delete the information from our servers.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Movitas is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event Movitas experiences bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, Movitas may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes to this Policy
- Movitas may update this policy at any time for any reason. You should review this policy from time to time.
- If we deem that there are significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Movitas account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
c/o Customer Service - Privacy
855 Collegeville Rd
Collegeville, PA 19426